Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

How does a person with 30% mentality change s power of

Customer Question

How does a person with 30% mentality change his power of attorney that he dosnt trust. .puts a ban on outings. .The home Westella in Feilding allows him $3.00 per week. .Does not know where rental money is and his power of Attorney Lucy Tanner uses his farm for training horses for nothing. .There is much more. .It is not human the way he is being treated
Category: New Zealand Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We previously have taken Ross Adams out each day. Hopefully P O A will give him permission to change to Julia Wallace Home which is 100 % better. At present P O A will use but not give. There is a strong feeling she is not being honest ..This man is still very capable of good conversation & doing whatever is asked. Please help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

If you dont believe the power of attorney is being used correctly the correct approach is to apply to the Family Court to have an independent property manager appointed. This is done by an application and you would need medical evidence as to his state of mind and capacity to understand. If he lacks capacity then he is unlikely to be able to validly change his attorney and replace them.