Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

I Am seeking legal advise first time drink driving offence

Customer Question

Hi there i Am seeking legal advise for a first time drink driving offence and have a court appearance. My licence has been suspended for 28 days and i work as a road worker in traffic management. What do i do and what could be the outcome of my offence
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

If your licence has been suspended this must have been a high reading. But generally a first offender will lose their licence for at least 6 months, and for a higher reading, sometimes it will be 9 or 12 months. The fine depends to some extent on what you earn, but will be in the $600 to $1000 range. You can make arrangements to pay this off however, if you cannot pay this all at once.mthere will also be court costs which are about $200