Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

My partner and s friend brought a caravan which is

Customer Question

my partner and his friend brought a caravan which is permanently on a caravan site in new Zealand the owner is charging us double for the un-used nights what are our rights
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

This will depend on the contract which you have for renting the site. The contract will say what the terms are and what can be charged. If you have a verbal contract then it may be an issue which you need to discuss. You would need to find out how the contract was set up and any letters or emails which set out the terms. Once you have sorted what the contract says then you will know if this is permitted or not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would I be able to contact you in a few days time as my partners friend has the contract in his possession but is away until Monday

Sure, just come back when you have seen this and let me know what the contract says