Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

I have a sealed judgement on a company that owes our company

Customer Question

I have a sealed judgement on a company that owes our company 25k. A Warrant of Seizure needs to identify the company assets to be seized which is near impossible, Beside a Statutory demand which will most probably be ignored as we would not be able to afford to take it to court to liquidate them, what else can I do?
Can I garnish the company income. Can the director/owner be made liable for the debt of the company in some way?
it is ridiculous that he can get away with this. It would send the average small business broke.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 11 months ago.

If you serve a statutory demand you can also send this to their bank which will certainly get their attention. The other option could include getting an order for examination and then examine the directors about assets and income. If the directors don't turn up you can get a warrant for arrest to compel them to appear. If you get information this may help with charging orders and seizure.