Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

I have been victim of domestic violence but did not get any

Customer Question

Hi
I have been victim of domestic violence but did not get any injuries hence no medical report. My husband was arrested and removed from property on September 18. Part of his bail condition is he cannot come to this property and non association with me. The family home was under extension/renovation and is insecure. I have already had burglary attempt reported to Police.
Is there any way to get Courts/ Police to get his bail condition amended for him to come home? He has already been to Court with his Lawyer and pleaded not guilty. Next court date is Dec 23
Category: New Zealand Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also as my husband works from Home Office, this removal of him from the Property is having a major financial impact on us as well. I am really stuck is as I feel insecure on this property and he is not willing to plead guilty to amend bail conditions.
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

It is possible to get bail varied, but as you have been advised, it is likely the police will oppose while he pleads not guilty. He could try, but it is unlikely the judge would permit this, while the case is still waiting a date for the trial. His lawyer would need to try, if this is important. Normally in violence cases, mediation is not an option, but if there was no injury, then this could be an option to try to sort this, and try to get your husband to change his stance, for the greater good of your family. Otherwise you just have to wait until the trial.