Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

Today, my employer told me that I failed to pass my coaching

Customer Question

Today, my employer told me that I failed to pass my coaching plan without my agreement and my employer told me that they will start the disciplinary procedures tomorrow.
What should I do?
Thank you.
Frank
Category: New Zealand Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
0204 282 888. can you call me now?
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Before I call, can you advise if you have been on a process of training imposed by your employer because of job issues?

It's fairly late but I could call you in the morning if you want

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been on the training plan as they said I had poor performance. Now they said I failed to pass the training plan and forced to start discipline procedure even though I did not agree that I failed to pass. In other words they tried to force me to resign otherwise they will go though discipline and of course I do not want to go to discipline or resign because I think I pass my plan. Are they legal to start the discipline anyway ? can you call me before 730am?thanks

If they set a training program and you didn't pass, they are permitted to discipline you. If you say you have passed you can challenge the discipline with a personal grievance claim, but I suspect they are trying to manage you out of the job. It may get uncomfortable for you there anyway, and you may want to see if they will let you resign with a payment. If you can find another job that may be the best option, then you will have a better record, as you would not have been fired.