Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

I was about to apply New Zealand work to residence visa and

Customer Question

I was about to apply for a New Zealand work to residence visa and saw the questions about previous convictions and charges. I'm currently in NZ on a working holiday visa and remember saying no to charges and convictions on my previous application. I was
charged over 8 years ago, it was admonished in court so thought I wasent convicted. Will immigration see this as bad character and likely to refuse a new visa?
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

If you were not convicted, then this is not an issue of bad character. One of the reasons why people are sometimes discharged without conviction is to protect your immigration status. So provided there is no criminal conviction entered on your record, you are quite safe.