Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

Thanks advice but what are my rights. I feel that we have

Customer Question

Hi Chris Thanks for the advice but what are my rights. I feel that we have been misled. To me there is a huge difference between light business and industrial and knowing what I know now we would never have signed the consent nor would have the neighbours
surley they should have to had to have gotten written consent for such adverse changes. From what I can gather the intenion from council right from the begining to turn it into industrial as they have said it was the most logical place for it to go where else
would they put industrail as it is close to main road. Thanks Sandy Thanks Sandy
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

The right would be to sue to council for misleading you as to the intentions, and not being transparent or keeping you informed. If you can show this leads to your property being worth less, then you may be entitled to compensation. It may however be difficult to unwind the planning changes after this time, and get the protection they offered initially.