Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

Can you please help, I have leaky buildings I own this house

Customer Question

Can you please help, I have leaky buildings I own this house this is my only place to live, I have had to find accommodation elsewhere, I am finding it has taken a lot of out of me this is all I think about all day long, I have been on leave from my normal employment for the last 2 days, ( I must admit that my work has not been up to the normal 100% due to the stress I am under) I am scared when I get back to work I wont have a job, or I will be sacked, I am 62 and single, could you please advise me what to do
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Your employer cannot dismiss you because you are in need of sick leave for the stress. So what you need is to find someone to talk to about the problems and talk through a strategy to deal with the problem. Do you need a referral to a therapist? Or a counsellor? Is the leaky building issue going through a claim process through the Weathertight Homes Tribunal? Do you need some suggestions there? Or is this at the repair stage?