Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

I have completed all the requirements New Zealand

Customer Question

I have completed all the requirements for my New Zealand Entrepreneur Visa application but have two questions regarding the Application to make sure it was done correctly.
1 - I had to send in my fingerprints to get my FBI history report. I have the signed report now, but they did not send back copies of the finger prints. Do I need to send copies of the finger prints in with the application?
2 - There are 4 of us who are investing and equal partners in the business we are purchasing in New Zealand. In regards ***** ***** K of the application, do I list just my share of investment or do I give a breakdown of the entire investment and were all monies are currently located?
Thanks,
***** *****
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

You dont need finger prints with the application. That is an FBI requirement rather than a New Zealand immigration requirement. As for section K, the more detail the better so the whole business plan should be attached. I assume all the applications will be filed together and it would be useful to tell Immigration so they are aware this is a group application

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The business plan is attached, but section K asks specifically for Ownership of Funds. More specifically, the instructions state:
Funds can either be owned by you or by your partner, provided you are in a genuine and stable relationship with your partner and your partner supports the use of funds for the proposed business." It is the part that asks about our investment capital and where it comes from for the business. We cannot tell if we just put our own individual investment or the total from the four of us,In Location of Funds, it also states:
List funds in local currency and equivalent in New Zealand dollars, and provide evidence that any funds already in New Zealand have been transferred directly from your bank through the banking system to New Zealand.
We do not have the bank account set up in New Zealand yet as we were instructed to wait until closer to visa approval for incorporation and bank accounts, so not sure how to word this on the application.Does just saying "see attached business plan" fulfill the answers to these questions or should I break down how much each is contributing individually? The business plan does not break down individual investment as we are all equal partners in the business.

Immigration will want to know about individual and the group investments. You will need to explain the source of the funds and that this is a partnership of all four of you. You will not need to set up a bank account as yet, because that question relates to money which you may have sent over in anticipation. Sometimes weather form does not have enough room to explain your situation you should just add a page of explanation and attach this to it. In a complex business transaction like this I would recommend that you instruct a New Zealand lawyer. If you do not have one already then may I recommend Queen City Law who have expertise in immigration for investors. Marcus Beveridge of that firm would be your first contact http://queencitylaw.co.nz/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your response and recommendation.

I hope this was useful