Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

I need help with an investigation that is proceeding against

Customer Question

I need help with an investigation that is proceeding against my business for breach of the fair trade act - currently I am co operating with the commerce commission fully however, I strongly feel that I need some legal guidance now, as they continue to request more and more information?
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

The Commerce Commission has strong powers to require further information in this situation. Cooperation is often very helpful, but there is of course a point where you need to be careful about admissions and statements. You will not be able to prevent them from looking at your documents however. If you have some specific questions about the investigation please ask. We can have a dialogue with questions and answers if you want