Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

I am a Senior Nurse working rostered shifts, employed per

Customer Question

I am a Senior Nurse working rostered shifts, employed for 24hrs per week. I have been on a four week rotating roster i.e nights afternoons and days for about five years.. Our workplace because of financial constraints have to accommodate extra nurses from a swing shift that the hospital had put in place prior to the changes. Management now want us to change to a six week roster.
I have indicated through a questionnaire that I wished keep the roster that I have been doing for the past five years.
Do I have to change to the six week roster to suit management, not me.
Look forward to your answer
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

You can be required to accept reasonable changes to your working conditions, and comply with reasonable requirements of your employer. If the result of these changes you are paid less then they have to go though a consultation process, which is I expect what is happening now. So if the changes are reasonable you may have to accepot this.