How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 14568
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am the mother of two children, the courts have given the

Customer Question

I am the mother of two children, the courts have given the father guardianship and they live in auckland.i was granted supervised visits over weekends, where I stay at my mothers or sisters place. the judge also said that within 6 months the kids could come down to Christchurch to visit myself, however the father will not let them come down.the reason for supervised visits is that apparently I had a drinking problem. I work full time have just bought a house and only drink on occasions.not sure where to from here? I would also think I would benefit if I had a lawyer in auckland who purely is focused on family law.
Please help
many thanks
raquel kavanagh
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
If there has been a decision about contact through the court, and the father is refusing to permit supervised visits, your next step will need to be either a FDR family mediation, or if that is not likely to resolve the problem then you will need to make an application to the family Court to compel the father to permit the visit. I can tell you more about family mediation which came into force as of March last year, if you do not know how this works. I could also suggest family lawyers in Auckland. Please let me know.

Related New Zealand Law Questions