Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

My father is 83 and just diagnosed with pleural mesothelioma,

Customer Question

My father is 83 and just diagnosed with pleural mesothelioma, cancer which is caused by asbestos. He was told he had Asbestos in his lungs approximately 20 years ago. I have taken 3 months off work to support him and my mother. I believe Acc should be responsible to pay for carers wages for myself and anything else he requires and possibly funeral expenses. Am I being real in regards ***** *****
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
You should at least make an application because work related injuries can be covered, together with the necessary support for you.
You should get the medical evidence and get him to sign an application, and if they agree you will get the support.
This website is where you can make a claimhttp://www.acc.co.nz/for-providers/lodge-and-manage-claims/PRV00028