Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

I am an independent contractor who had a boss who was bullying

Customer Question

I am an independent contractor who had a boss who was bullying / harassing / intimidating me - I have full taped evidence.
I have won at the Human Rights Commission for the Sexual content of the offending - and had a payment - the agreement was settled and then repudiated.
I have won at the Real Estate Agents Authority - and had a decision at tribunal level upheld of disgraceful conduct against this person -
I have also taken a case against this person to the Real Estate Agents Authority regarding "money" issues - the REAA took the case and charged him with misconduct - and a fine resulted.
What I want to find out - it has taken me several years to get this far - with now winning every avenue that I have taken - wish to take the company and the person in civil action -
What is the time frame allowed for me to do so?
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Any civil action has a limitation period of six years under the Limitation Act. So any court action must be filed in the court within 6 years of the event giving rise to this.
Do you need more help on the civil proceeding?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You could be the person I require:
Would you knowing the fields that I have already won in be willing to act for me on the no win / no fee .. ?
I do think that civil is quite different action than the REAA. Forum - it was really difficult to be heard there - and as a result I changed REAA law.
I want to be able to take the company as well as the person - manager & business partner as they I believe are both cupable for the events that happened - if u r willing to act for a fee on a win basis - then yes we have a match!
Unfortunately I am not alowed to take clients from this site-its in the rules I am afraid. You would need to consider what you are suing for. If you have already established some breaches of REAA rules and of human rights issues, I am not sure what you have left-possibly breaches of contracts?