Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

My first lawyer refuse to use any of my evidence which resulted

Customer Question

my first lawyer refuse to use any of my evidence which resulted in my loss of my home children my x ( female ) has beaten up one of my children and yet no one wants to know the police wanted to arrest my son if he lodged a complaint my son was beaten up in front of my ex's mother she is a witness what is my next step where can I turn I am male and fed up and have no rights
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Have you been through a mediation through an appointed mediator as yet? If you have not then that is your next step to try to get contact with your children. If you have been through mediation and that this was a court decision, then you can appeal. If you want to get your former partner charged, and the police will not take any steps, then you can lay a private prosecution against her. You may have difficulty getting her mother to give evidence against her however. But you can try, and your son could give evidence if necessary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know nothing about law how do I go about bringing a private prosecution where do I go who do I see I work 12 hours a day 6 days a week I can't just go and see someone when I have absolutely no idea where to go
The issue is what do you want to do about the children and the home? Do you want equal parenting or better contact? The mediation often resolves these issues. You will need to see a lawyer to file a private prosecution as this is a technical process and diffcicult unless you have legal training. I realise that may not be easy with your hours you work. But if you want to do something about the assault, that may be your next step.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have very little trust in lawyers at this present point to time do you know a good lawyer I can trust in nelson I will go from there
There are many family lawyers there, and I dont know who you have used or who is on the other side. Duncan Cotterill are a major law frim with many resoirces and are at http://www.duncancotterill.com/ Or try Belinda FletcherAddress:PO Box 41Nelson 7040Telephone:03(###) ###-####ax:03(###) ###-####mail***@******.***