Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

Again sorry bother. . Do builders have to

Customer Question

Hello again sorry for the bother. . Do builders have to carry and produce the building licenses when asked for them? Also can a apprentice be left alone on site unsupervised ? I asked the apprentice to show me his information and told me he didn't have
on him. I asked him to leave the property and he wouldn't.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
The Building Act says89 Duty to produce evidence of being licensedA licensed building practitioner must, if asked by any person, produce for inspection by the person either—(a)the evidence of being licensed sent to the licensed building practitioner undersection 288(1)(b); or(b)a copy of that evidence.
However the apprentice is unlikely to be licensed until he completes his apprenticeship and therefore could not show you the information. But his supervisor should provide the evidence that he is licensed