Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

My six siblings and I are sole owners of a Maori freehold section

Customer Question

My six siblings and I are sole owners of a Maori freehold section in Plimmerton and wish to sell it.
Are you able to let me know what the process is, or the contact details of legal representation in Hamilton who will be able to help me?
Many thanks, *****
Email:***@******.***
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
The first step is to approach the Maori land Court to approve any sale. If you are selling to a member of your family, then this is likely to be relatively easy. However selling outside of your iwi or whanau is not always as easy. The process is not hard-see this site where the forms can be located http://www.justice.govt.nz/courts/maori-land-court/make-an-applicationLawyers in Hamilton who could handle this are at Name:McCaw LewisPostal Address:PO Box 9348Waikato Mail CentreHamilton3240New ZealandTel:07(###) ###-####ax:07(###) ###-####eb: www.mlc.co.nz