Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

Just wondering if my ex partner can stop me seeing my kids

Customer Question

Hi just wondering if my ex partner can stop me seeing my kids this weekend as it is my turn to see them but she is refusing to we do not have anything in place apart from good will meditation is in place but has not started yet? Thanks Phil
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
That could be a difficult matter to push if you are on the verge of mediation, which will settle the agreement and times and places. I would suggest you try, but if she refuses then, note this as a topic for attention at the mediation. If you went there to pick up the children, and there was a refusal and a scene, she may build on this to be unreasonable at the mediation. But if you ask, but are refused for no good reason, that reflects on her, if you just say, you are disappointed but will not push this and raise this as the mediation.