Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

I have met a lady on the internet only but a relationship has

Customer Question

I have met a lady on the internet only but a relationship has developed through our interaction. She lives in South Africa. I am ex South African but now have New Zealand Citerzinship. I want her to join me here as a partner but obviously we have not lived together for the 12 month period to qualify for partnership residence application. How can I get her and her 2 kids here legally as residents. I am prepared to marry her. Have u any options for me to look at.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Being married helps but the first step is often to get sponsor her for a tourist visa, and then apply for partnership. The tourist visa is for a maximum of 9 months and then she will need to leave and apply again. What people do is start the application for partnership visa before she leaves. Another option is for a work visa if she has the qualifications. That would be easier as you can get longer periods here and then get the 12 months together. People often use immigration consultants to help with the applications, as they can help,present the applications for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can her two kids of 11 and 13 come over on the visitors visa and school here and how much a month do they have to have to satisfy immigration. What do I need to have to sponsor them on a visitors visa
You will need to sponsor them all for the visitors permit. Once you and their mother are a partnership they can also apply. I will check the money aspect and advise later