Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

My partner broke it off with me on Saturday and lost the plot.

Customer Question

my partner broke it off with me on Saturday and lost the plot. we had just come back from bangkok. he had given me access to his accounts but is bow saying it is fraud and has laid a complaint with police. what can I or should I do?
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
If he gave you access to his accounts then he cannot complain that this is fraud. He may have gone to the police, but in my experience they will not be interested if this is a relationship property disputes between you and your partner. They will tell him that the only place to resolve this is in the family Court. If the police to contact you you should tell them that you were given access to his accounts and had authority. If you feel uncomfortable discussing this with the police, I suggest that you ask a lawyer to attend with you for an interview.