Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

Hypothetically Pierre Caddeauis in New Zealand to work. He

Customer Question

Hypothetically Pierre Caddeauis in New Zealand to work. He has work, but seems to have to find a new job evey three months.
Whilst he has a "job"-whatevery it might be; whatever the pay might be--it seems he can stay in the country.
My limited understanding of the labour laws, seems to allow employers to "try out" a staff member--even take on an "intern" and minimum wage, or less..bedfore three months is up, the staff member Pierre or Maria or Judith can be replaced by another for three months.
Pierre is looking for a proper job; secureity, some employer with whom he can grow, hone his skills and make a real contribution to the business, to the community, to NZ society and himself.
What advice do I give him Please?
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
He does need a work permit and these are alsmost always attached to a job. the permit will refer to that job usually. So it would be unlikely he would get a work permit with a job on a trial period of 90 days. But if he does, then he should ensure that he applies for a job which doesnt require a trial period, or he accepts a job offer but declines to sign the trial period clause. If he doesnt sign the clause he cannot be dismissed after the 90 day period expires.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will discuss your answer with my friend and get back to you ASAP... John O'Ferrall
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Offer made as above