Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

Chris, I am reading about myself, I am Allan tucker and

Customer Question

Hi Chris, I am reading about myself, I am Allan tucker and I did discuss this unclaimed money with Michael. A lot of people are unaware that they have money owing to them. Did you examine the Gazette Notice to locate the M Lusty account?
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
If you want to charge money for people to collect money which they can claim for free, that is between you and the person you contact.
I do like to point out to the individuals that they can check this out for themselves. If they want to pay you commission that is up to them. But it is a model that is often used by people who claim there is an inheritance unclaimed and often unclaimed money in bank accounts. So people do need to be suspicious of such offers. If yours is a genuine business model, then you are free to pursue this. I expect you are aware of the many spam offers however
You would need to discuss with the bank you wanted to set up a trust account. It would be a contractual matter with the bank as to what conditions they require for a trust account. There is no statute which says what those terms should be, but if you nominate this as a trust account then any transactions may be looked at carefully if there are suggestions that this is not being handled correctly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Chris,
Second question, I wish to establish a working agreement with clients to act on their behalf in recovering client money from crown entities that are holding funds in trust.Can you examine the attached T & C's to clarify that I have met all NZ Law that relates to this activity ?regardsAllan Tucker
We are not meant to give specific advice on issues. The terms and conditions of this site say it is for general advice rather than specific advice. Giving an opinion on the legality of this document goes beyond what I am permitted to do.