Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

I just sold my car when they looked at it they found it had

I just sold my car when they looked at it they found it had a crack in the radiator so we agreed that i would drop the price $500 and they would take the car .When they took the car they traveled 100km home car was fine .Then to day they went to travel 80km to get the radiator fix and the moter got hot and shut down.Before they took the car i got them to sign a as is where is letter now they want me to take the car back or help pay to fix it . What is my stand point here any help would be good thanks.

Chris The Lawyer : Hi and welcome. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear.
Chris The Lawyer : if they inspected the car and found this defect, then they took the risk. Driving a car with a defect like this is pretty risky, and they should have been careful about use until this was repaired. If they signed saying they took this as is, then they do not have a claim against you but accepted the risk.