Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

are the cost of my immigration fees, immigration agent plus

are the cost of my immigration fees, immigration agent plus visa costs tax deductible?

Chris The Lawyer : Hi and welcome. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear.
Chris The Lawyer : The deductions for these payments are only tax deductible if they are directly related to your self employed work.

ah ok - i am employed so therefore i take it i cant claim back any of it against my tax payments?

Chris The Lawyer : If you are just getting a visa, and then later getting a job on a salary or wages, the costs are definitely not deductible
Chris The Lawyer : New Zealand has pretty limited tax deductions in any event. The system is simple but the trade off is that very few things can be deducted

thank you very much