Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

I have been ill with flue and broniitus and have been signed

I have been ill with flue and broniitus and have been signed off by my doctor however am under huge pressure to return to work as a pre school teacher .Does this seem fair to you

Chris The Lawyer : Hi and welcome. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear.
Chris The Lawyer : in this situation. Your health is more important than your employers needs. If a doctor has told you that you are unfit for work and given you a certificate, then you are quite entitled to take the sick leave. Indeed, many would say you should stay away while ill, especially when working with young children.
Chris The Lawyer : So pressuring you to return before you are recovered is unfair.