Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

I am living in an Occupatonal Rights agreement village!......Can

I am living in an Occupatonal Rights agreement village!......Can I leave this in my will and what are the details?

Chris The Lawyer : Hi and welcome. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear.
Chris The Lawyer : this will depend on whether the agreement expires when you die. You should look at the agreement and see if it expires then, or carries on. Some do, but others do not. If it does not expire, then you can leave this to family, although you may want to make them aware of this, as the obligations for payment will continue, for the usual things that they charge, although again the agreement should say this.
Chris The Lawyer : I cannot be more definite but the village authorities will definitely know the answer, because this must be a common question. These occupational licences can be different for different villages of course, there is no standard form.