How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22614
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am living in an Occupatonal Rights agreement village!......Can

This answer was rated:

I am living in an Occupatonal Rights agreement village!......Can I leave this in my will and what are the details?

Chris The Lawyer : Hi and welcome. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear.
Chris The Lawyer : this will depend on whether the agreement expires when you die. You should look at the agreement and see if it expires then, or carries on. Some do, but others do not. If it does not expire, then you can leave this to family, although you may want to make them aware of this, as the obligations for payment will continue, for the usual things that they charge, although again the agreement should say this.
Chris The Lawyer : I cannot be more definite but the village authorities will definitely know the answer, because this must be a common question. These occupational licences can be different for different villages of course, there is no standard form.
Chris The Lawyer and other New Zealand Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related New Zealand Law Questions