Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

Hi. We are a netball centre and a complaint was about

Hi. We are a netball centre and a complaint was laid about a persons behaviour . People addressed letters to our complaints committee about this person. She is now requesting all those letters. Do we have to supply them ? She has requested them under the information act

Chris The Lawyer :

Hi and welcome. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear.

Chris The Lawyer :

The problem with full disclosure is the privacy of the individual complainants. I am sure if you asked them they would not want the complaints made known, as this would be a breach of their privacy. This is an exception to rights of access to the information. But you could send copies, with identifying details removed to protect privacy