Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

My 25yr old son spent the night with a girl. They had both

My 25yr old son spent the night with a girl. They had both been drinking and ended up in the same bed. Now three months have gone by and the story has escalated to the point that she is calling him the rapist to all of their friends. His large group of friends know that he is not that kind of person. What should he do?

Should he see a lawyer and have a report made? Should he and his now girlfriend, a mutual friend,make a visit to the girl to see if they can defuse the situation.
?

Chris The Lawyer : Hi and welcome. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear.
Chris The Lawyer : The visit to her from the mutual friend, but without him, may be a good start. She may have difficulty in bringing a police complaint in any event because she has not actually complained to the police but rather chosen to vent with friends first. So treading carefully and negotiating is I think the best way forward