Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

Are this companies legit, want to know if they are truly registered

Are this companies legit, want to know if they are truly registered or if they reside in the address claimed.
1. Empire Finance group
Office address
Level 13 HP Tower XXXXXLambton, Wellington, 6011
New Zealand

Legal address
63a Derby Street
Saint Albans, Christchurch, 8014 New Zealand

2. After 90days
Head office:
Office 19
54 Lauren Bergess Crescent
Belize City
Belize

Thank you
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Chris The Lawyer : Hi and welcome. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear.
Chris The Lawyer : Companies can have a registered office, which can be just a room in a building. It is hard to tell if they are legitimate however without more background. Of course a company which is just a token office like this is more likely to be dodgy, but plenty of companies have a registered office which is not where the actual business operates from.
Chris The Lawyer : If you give me more background I should be able to help more.
Chris The Lawyer : There was a company called Empire Limited at the Christchurch address which has been struck off the register.
Chris The Lawyer : There is no company called Empire Finance Group Limited however.
Customer: i sent you 2 companies in my previous question Sir, but I am only getting response for one. Company 2 ( After 90days) registered in Belize with office address 19 54 Lauren Bergess Crescent Belize City, Belize. Is it legit or not?
Chris The Lawyer :

I have also looked at the website for them. They are giving advice about currency trading, which I would say is something you should avoid, unless you have strong qualifications in economics, and many years experience. I have seen very many people lose money in this sort of speculation, and it requires large investment and very high risk of losing everything. Belize is also not a recognised financial centre. I think the company may exist as a business but I wouldnt go near this as all the signs are that this is not a conventional investment and is something you should avoid

Customer: Ok, I am satisfied with your response on Company 2. Yes, company one stated that they were initially registered as Empire limited. The Christchurch address is the legal address while the office address is Level 13 HP TowerXXXXXLambton, Wellington, 6011 New Zealand. I hope this information will help you to answer my question. Thank you.
Chris The Lawyer :

Acctually I think you have only cited one company, Empire Finance Group, which doesnt exist. What is the other company?

Customer: Empire Limited and if their office address is the address stated in my previous response
Chris The Lawyer :

Empite Limited is, as I say above, struck off as a company, but used to use that address. If they are still cited as the company someone is using this is irregular because the company no longer exists.

Customer: Thank you.
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience: 32 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.