Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

I purchased a Methven shower head attachment 6 years ago which

I purchased a Methven shower head attachment 6 years ago which is now incapable of retaining the shower face without falling off(away from the main body)when the water is turned on .

I have taken the unit to a Plumbers Merchant who in turn contacted Methven who stated that the warranty period was for 5 years

The Merchant advised me that he would talk to the company rep. and see what they could do for me

Do I have any recourse under the Consumer Rights Guarantees Act

Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX

christhelawyer : HiWelcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear
christhelawyer : A company cannot contract out of the Consumer Guarantees Act which means that even if the warranty has expired you may have rights. It depends on the expected life of this part. If this should not have failed in this time, then it should be repaired or replaced, even out of the warranty.