Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

My Husband and I are seperating, at the moment I am still a

My Husband and I are seperating, at the moment I am still a director of our jointly owned business, I have had no income from this business for 3 months, I would like to use $2500. from the business. Can I ask for this? Legally do I have to pay it back? or am I entitled to it as he has been withdrawing wages for himself?

christhelawyer : HiWelcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear
christhelawyer : You certainly can ask and as a director and shareholder you should be entitled to some payments anyway

Thanks for that, My x-husband wants me to email his lawyer asking for the money and to say i will pay it back, I dont think I have to reimburse. What is the best wording for the letter?

christhelawyer : I would suggest that the letter points out the position as director, your responsibility as a director, and your position as a shareholder, all of which entitle you to payment, not an advance.

Great, Thank you very much.Will do that now.