Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

Where does the employee stand when management make changes

Where does the employee stand when management make changes to your roster (which has been the same for a substantional time) without any consultation apart from a note left in a communications book
- also one of the people involved away on leave
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

christhelawyer : HiWelcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear
christhelawyer : When there is a change there should be consultation to endure the roster fits your needs. Any variation should be with your consent, especially if this means a substantial change. You are entitled to claim a personal grievance, where this has been procedurally unfair, and adversely affects you. So the next step for you would be to contact your supervisor and tell them they cannot do this and request consultation on the issue before any changes are made.
Customer:

the roster has already been changed

Customer:

A meeting has been requested

Customer:

The roster has already been changed

Customer:

A meeting has been arranged, but the roster has already been changed

Customer:

A meeting has been arranged

christhelawyer : You can claima personal grievance on the bais this is procedurally and actually unfair. This would involve a mediation to start with with. Do you have a union where you work? They often help with these issues.
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience: 32 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.