Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

Hi, I am just about ready to get a magazine published and

I am just about ready to get a magazine published and would like to know if there is any thing specific I need to know about the legal side of things

christhelawyer : HiWelcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear
christhelawyer : It would be helpful if you asked some more specific questions, such as copyright issues, defamation, and so on. Publishing is not heavily regulated otherwise. Please let me know your concerns and I will try to help

This is what I have.

Any statement of fact or purported statements of fact contained in this publication do not necessarily reflect the view or opinion of the editor, owner or publisher and any liability in respect there to is limited accordingly. all magazine content is vetted however publication of an article or advertisement does not consititute endorsement by the publisher, editor, owner or employees. like all things in life readers are advised to use their own discretion and come to their own conclusions. all information presented here is done in good faith with the support of our contributing public. copyright this publication may not be reproduced in whole or part by any means without written permission first having been obtained, all rights reserved. So what I need to know is am I covered for any eventualities. Or is there a specific way this should be worded.

christhelawyer : The principle issues you may face are defamation and copyright, which this appears to cover. I assume you have looked at these from other magazines.
christhelawyer : There is no particular formal expression, except a clear meaning, which you have.

yes have and worded pretty much the same as they have. So it will be okay to go ahead and print and sell it with that sentence

christhelawyer : yes

thank you

christhelawyer : Good luck on the new venture