Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

How do I go about recovering cost for a contract that has ended,

Customer Question

How do I go about recovering cost for a contract that has ended, invoices have been sent but no payment has come through? They said payment has been made but don't know which account it has gone to??
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 3 years ago.

christhelawyer : HiWelcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear
christhelawyer : If you have not received payment, then I suggest you send a letter, possibly from your lawyer, requiring the payments to be made within 7 days. If they then dispute payment, you can file a claim in the Disputes Tribunal. If they simply ignore the letter, you need to file a claim in the District Court, because the debt appears to be undisputed. If they then do nothing after receiving the notice of claim, you can apply for judgment. Another alternative would be, if they are a company to send a statutory demand under The Companies Act requiring them to pay within 15 working days or face liquidation proceedings in the High Court.