Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

My Son in law has been working for a business for the last

Customer Question

My Son in law has been working for a business for the last 3 years in the hospitality industry and notice that some money was missing, he rang his his boss straight away and asked if this money had been put somewhere else. The reply was no.
His boss has now gone to his boss and said this money had gone missing and my son in law has been asked to come in for a meeting and bring a support person with him. Other people have had access to this area where the money was kept yet they are not being called in for a meeting. Am I able to tape this meeting today and can you please give legal advice please. My son in laws bosses are mother and son, and the security cameras weret working @ the time unbeknown to my son in law. Thank you
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 3 years ago.

christhelawyer : HiWelcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear
christhelawyer : You can attend, and it may be useful to record this. It is best if you obtain consent to do so, as sometimes a secret recording cannot be used as evidence later on.
christhelawyer : If they do not permit this, then you should take notes at the meeting anyway.