How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22408
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im in an abusive relationship with my wife. And we want

This answer was rated:

I'm in an abusive relationship with my wife.
And we want to split up.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX name on the tenancy agreement.
Can I ask her to leave?

christhelawyer : HiWelcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear
christhelawyer : If the tenancy is in your name, then you can ask her to leave. If there is abuse, and you are the victim, you could apply for a protection order from the Family Court as well, which would mean she has to leave.
Customer: How do I prove I'm a victim
Customer: how do I prove I'm the victim when she will just deny it and lie.
Customer: How do I prove I am the victim when she will just deny it and lie like she always does or will the family court take my side.
christhelawyer : You could perhaps some independent evidence of her behaviour, from people who have seen her act badly, and possibly from people who have been her medical or psychiatric advisors
christhelawyer : If that is an option, then would certainly help.
Chris The Lawyer and other New Zealand Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related New Zealand Law Questions