Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

Hello, I am a new zealander who moved back from Australia a

Customer Question

Hello, I am a new zealander who moved back from Australia a year ago with my children after a breakup with my partner of 14years who is also a New Zealander.
We own a rental home of 5 years (which is under is name only) at the time of relationship breakdown was building our new home which is now completed which he has since moved in another women. My ex partner also owns his own business. I came back to New Zealand with nothing but our suitcase of clothes.
Legally am I initialed to anything. If I am I don't know where to start. I have asked a Lawyer but because the property/assets are in Australia she couldn't help.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.