Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

My ex husband is against listing house with agent yet has been

My ex husband is against listing house with agent yet has been trying to sell privately for four months with no joy. Can a lawyer get him to sell home or buy me out so I can move on. I've been out of the home for six months yet just moved back in last week (living as flat mates), this is to try to push him to get sold so I can move on.

christhelawyer : HiWelcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear
christhelawyer : If he doesn't agree to market this properly, then you can force a sale, through the Family Court. Of course by the time you file an application and get a hearing more time will pass, but otherwise you can at least compel a sale and even take the decisions out of his control, and get appropriate orders for listing and sale.
christhelawyer : You can also force a sale through the High Court using the partition and sale process, which may be faster but would cost more.