Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

Hi there,my name isXXXXX and I ve bought

Hi there, my name isXXXXX and I ve bought a new motorbike from a dealer in July 20011. Since January 2013 till now this motorbike in a dealer workshop due to factory fault. Dealer trying to fix this bike during 7 months and now txt me that he could not fix it any how. Before purchasing the dealer advertised that bike with one year warranty only. What I could to do now? Can I get a refund from dealer or not? If he refused this whats next? Kind regards, XXXXX XXXXX Auckland.

christhelawyer : HiWelcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear
christhelawyer : Under the Consumer Guarantees Act the dealer must now either replace the motorbike, or refund your money. The one year warranty does not matter so the dealer has to sort this out.
christhelawyer : If he refuses there is a special tribunal for claims like this called the Motor Vehicle Disputes Tribunal and you can find this here.
christhelawyer :
christhelawyer : You can lodge a claim with the Tribunal and get an order for a refund of your money