Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

Hello, I made an application to the courts a number of weeks

Hello, I made an application to the courts a number of weeks ago but so much time has passed that the issue is no longer as relevant as it was. Other ongoing issues are more relevant and I would like to address those. I would like to apply to change other aspects of the overall schedule in the parenting plan. Can I change what I am seeking to vary in this current application or do I need to apply for a new application? the respondent in this case has applied for a alternative schedule change within their defence of my application. Thank You.

christhelawyer :

Hi Welcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear

christhelawyer :

You can file an amended application which includes those changes, and change the schedule. This is often done and should not be a problem

christhelawyer :

Call the application "amended application"

christhelawyer :

This should make it clear what you are doing, and this gets filed and sent to the other side as before

Customer:

Ok, I want to apply for some changes to the schedule and to have a couple of other issues addressed. Would an amended application be enough or would I need to apply for anything else? Such as suspending the previous order? Also what can I do in terms of speeding up the whole process?

christhelawyer :

You could put all of this in the amended application, including the suspension application, because it is all really part of the same issues.

Customer:

Ok, Thanks

christhelawyer :

Gald to help

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, Can you please confirm if it needs to be an aplication as oposed to an affidavit? would the amended aplication be filed similar to a new aplication but as an amendment to my current aplication. Will there be a new filing fee? and would it need to be served or just sent to the respondent? Thanks
This can be done as an amended application, filed in court and sent to the other side. If this is explained to the court as an amendment they should not charge another filing fee.