Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

Hi can a subcontractor sue his main contractor over unfair

Hi can a subcontractor sue his main contractor over unfair dismissal if he is in breach of his contract with the main contractor

christhelawyer :

Hi Welcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear

christhelawyer :

You can sue the main contractor, as you have a contract with him, but you cannot claim against the owner. You can however give evidence against the main contractor. This would enable you to see if the head contractor has breached your contract as well.

christhelawyer :

But you are right to be cautious, although there is nothing wrong with sending a copy of the contract.

Thankyou now I can sleep easier as I am the main contractor and have knowingly fulfilled my contract with the subbie working for me thanks