Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

I smashed a window a few weekends ago and I am required to

Customer Question

I smashed a window a few weekends ago and I am required to pay around $2500 for repair costs. Of that $2500, is an amount of $600 for printed flyers, requiring CCTV footage of the accident and other claims. Am I right to question this?
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 3 years ago.

christhelawyer : HiWelcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear
christhelawyer : The costs for repair an include the reasonable costs to find the person responsible, where this is not obvious. So some cost could be claimed, but you certainly can contest whether this is correct and reasonable. They cannot just pick a number, but can only claim actual costs.