Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

I made a will in Jersey in The Channel Islands in 1988. I

I made a will in Jersey in The Channel Islands in 1988. I now live in New Zealand.....I wish to have an almost copy of this will (apart from change of addresses) made legally by New Zealand law.....Can I just take this old will to a lawyer in NZ to have it updated?

christhelawyer : HiWelcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear
christhelawyer : It is easy to have a new will drawn up using the New Zealand form, and using the similar wording. It would be best to get some advice about the proposed legacies in terms of New Zealand law, and discuss if any changes are needed.. But this is not a difficult process and you can certainly do this.

christhelawyer : Hi, cam I help further?

I can's se the answer

I have changed the view so you can see the answer. Please ask if you have more questions, in the dialogue box below