Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

Hi I and a friend had a business which has been closed up long

Hi I and a friend had a business which has been closed up long time agao.We owed some to a company which is now with receivers. They are demnading all money from me as my partner is declared bankrupt.They are threatening me have me bankrupt. Is there any easy way to solve this

Thanks

Anbho

christhelawyer :

Hi Welcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear

christhelawyer :

If you cannot pay, then perhaps send them a statement of your assets and liabilities, showing that you cannot pay. If you have nothing, then they may not want to spend the money to make you bankrupt.

christhelawyer :

If you do have assets and want to avoid bankruptcy, then you should see if they will accepot a lump sum, in full settlement, or if this is not possible see if they will accept weekly or monthly payments.

christhelawyer :

Do you dispute liability for the claim? you can also defend the claim-how much is the claim for?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Chris

Can you guys sort this out for me ,if so what sort of cost I am looking at

Regards

Anbho
We cannot take clients from the website but I can suggest lawyers for you if you advise the city
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Chris

I live in North Shore Auckland

Ta

There are many lawyers there, try John Hickey at(NNN) NNN-NNNNor Greg Dunning at(NNN) NNN-NNNN