Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

Is there free advice available for someone who needs to apply

Is there free advice available for someone who needs to apply the Auckland Council for rates postponements?

christhelawyer : HiWelcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear
christhelawyer : The Council does have a number of schemes for assisting with rates postponement. They have a good website at
christhelawyer :
christhelawyer : I don't think your friend would need a lawyer, but there are community law centres who would be able to help her with the different options.
christhelawyer : I suggest perhaps she could visit a Center (there are several in Auckland) and ask for the options to be explained. They do not charge for this service.

Thank you for your answer. I received 2 emails last of which didn't require a response to Terms and conditions.