Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

Hii me and my then Fiancee reached in New Zealand in the year

Hii me and my then Fiancee reached in New Zealand in the year 2010 and I was the one to get the job first and we got our permanent residency approved a year back, in which I was the principal applicant and he was the secondary applicant . Unfortunately our family circumstances have changed and we had to seperate from each other and we continue to live apart at the moment.Now I am wondering, in the future if I get married to someone else what are the possibilities of bringing him to New Zealand under my visa..????

Thanks and regards,

christhelawyer : HiWelcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear
christhelawyer : As I understand the policy, you can sponsor a second applicant but you have to wait before you do so. I believe the period is 5 years.

So does that mean there is absolutely no chance or no way of bringing someone over here before the 5 year period...??

christhelawyer : It isn't a rule, but policy. That is more flexible. You can explain what has happened and ask Immigration, but they do tend to stick to the policy guidelines.

Thank you so much.. I think I will have to seek an assistance of a private lawyer at the time of visa application in that case..

christhelawyer : That would be helpful, especially if the relationship ended under difficult circumstances

Thanks and Regards..

christhelawyer : Glad to help