Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

Regarding a will if my daughter should die before me does the

Regarding a will if my daughter should die before me does the money that would have gone to her go onto her husband

christhelawyer : HiWelcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear
christhelawyer : If your daughter predeceases you then the estate would normally pass according to her will. But if she does not have a will it passes according to section 77 of the Administration Act
christhelawyer : This means it would fall into her residuary estate, and depending on what else she has in her own estate, after payment of the set amount, then as to one third to her husband and two thirds to her children.

Ok if I don't wish anything to go to the husband I would have to put that in my will?

christhelawyer : You should state that the legacy is for her, or if she predeceases you, then to her children, or to whoever else if she doesn't have children. If the children are under 18 then the funds should be held on trust for them.

Ok that seems simple thanks

christhelawyer : Your lawyer will ensure the wording reflects what you want

Ok will contact him in due course