Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

Hi, Can you please advise, where an account was disputed 12

Hi, Can you please advise, where an account was disputed 12 months ago, and from that no further accounts, or correspondence has been received, am I still liable for the amount in question, after this elapsed time. Just received threatening account today.

christhelawyer : HiWelcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear
christhelawyer : The limitation period for accounts like this is 6 years under the Limitation Act 2010. But if you want to dispute this then you can ask for this to be heard in the Disputes Tribunal rather than just sending letters. This would give you an opportunity to raise your defences.