Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

Hi landtransport act 1998 section 2 interpretation. We are

Hi landtransport act 1998 section 2 interpretation. We are a construction company working on the roads behind safety barriers. My staff have an OSH certificate. We believe this complies however when asking land transport they have asked me to get a professional opinion?
Thank you
Ronnie

christhelawyer : HiWelcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear
christhelawyer : The definition section is quite long, can you advise specifically what part you need defined further in the context of your work?
Customer:

what determines a work site and when we are working on the road within our barriers do my digger drivers need a license

christhelawyer : In my opinion, your workers would need an appropriate class of licence for the vehicle they use, because this is on a road, even if it is a work site. The barriers are there for protection, and do not mean the work site is excluded from the definition of a road.
christhelawyer : The work site is not separately defined in the Land Transport Act. It would have no special status unless of course there are speed restrictions around the site, although that is imposed by separate regulations.
christhelawyer : I am not sure if this is what you need, so ask further if you need to